Monday 2 July 2012

184/366

. . . with apologies for non-followers of football (English soccer). Couldn't let Spain's win in the Euro 2012 competition pass without comment. They are a terrific team, and I just love to watch them play. Italy put up a splendid fight, and the match was a joy to watch.

Spain's captain, Casillas 


Italy's captain, Buffon 


Spain's Golden Boot winner, Fernando Torres, with his two children 


Well done Spain. 
Photos of my TV screen, taken in my sitting room, with thanks to the BBC

3 comments:

  1. My non-loving football brother rang from his 12th floor flat in Spain after the match to share the noise of the celebrations down below.
    + wasn't it jusy luvely to see the mini people sharing the moment with their dads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Die beste Mannschaft hat gewonnen. So soll es sein...

    Lieben Gruß
    CL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. translation "the best team won, so it should be" - I agree Cloudy, thanks

      Delete